My Adobe Photoshop class has been the most challenging. There is a lot to learn with this one and when it came time to create our first project on the 5th week, I just could not seem to make it work. Something (as in everything!) was just not sticking! (These are the moments that I really wonder if I can do it, so this became an “emotional thing” for me. My poor roomies…they are so sweet about it!)
I sent out a plea to my Facebook friends and one suggested a wonderful book by Scott Kelby. We ordered it and it came Sat. morning. Within a few minutes of reading it, he had made me laugh and all the stress melted away. He somehow made it so easy and even fun! (But don’t get any ideas…this “fun” does not translate over to school! My brain hurts on Wed. evenings after 4 hours of class time!)
It was a lot of work…I read many chapters of that book over the weekend as I was learning how to do at home what I was supposed to be learning in class. The wonderful thing was that I learned, retained, felt good about it, and relaxed!
I could not make it do exactly what I wanted, but the criteria of the assignment was met, and that is what was important.
- A collage depicting our life
- A song (title or lyrics) that goes along with the collage
- Name must be in it (and a whole bunch of techy stuff)
Pieces of a song that a friend says reminds her of me…
- Background of myself on Islamorada Key drawing
- Images to show the dreams I have caught at different points in my life
- Some of my nieces and nephews, my church, etc. to show what is important
- Lower right are 3 black and whites of people I have loved dearly and lost (Grandma, Dad, and Phyllis Brogden – a friend and mentor)
- Maybe increase the font size in the center
- This got an A