IMD201 Web Authoring Final

The final project for my web class was to re-design the Art Institute’s site (I got a 295/300 on this! My menu jiggles and that docked me 5 points):

  • Use css (not tables)
  • create a Dreamweaver template and then use that for 6 pages (Home, About, News, Student Life, etc.)
  • sub pages must contain the same info as is on the site
  • links must work etc.
  • use Cufon to place a specialty font in the page titles

Home Page

One of the sub pages

Unfortunately my partner bailed on me and I finally figured out he wasn’t going to show (it was his job to supply some of the graphics as well as help code the sub pages after I created the template.) I coded this and created the graphics in one weekend.  Needless to say, I felt a certain sense of accomplishment over that!  Prior to going into the weekend, I was feeling quite shakey with my html capabilities, but this has given me a confidence that I would not have had if I were working with a solid partner.  (Not that I am thanking the kid, mind you!  Made for a wicked weekend! As well asI took a hit on some late online homework .)

That crunch means there are some things that are not fully “clean”, but all the requirements were met and even exceeded.   Below is a clickable version of the same seen above (for those who might be nerdy enough to care about the details!)

http://www.sherigarvin.aisites.com/IMD201/AISite/index.html

Easier Quarter

This quarter has been the first break I have had in a year.  We are not learning anything stressful in the one class, I learned nothing in my online Web Marketing class (because I have been involved with real web marketing for years…so that was a waste of money, which was actually sad), and so it was left up to the html/css class to challenge me during the first half of the quarter.

Fortunately, Jason (html instructor), slowed down this quarter with only 2 hour lectures as opposed to the previous 4 hours.   Some of it actually stuck in my head and by mid quarter I was able to produce the following re-work of the Indiana Sheltie Rescue site.  It was a challenge of my limited skills, but a thrill to work on!

On a side note, there are some glaring (to me) design issues, but I still made 100% on the project.  I hope to continue developing the site, and as I get better with the Adobe software and html, I will fix the design elements that are bugging me.  All in all, though, I like the overall effect.

The following 3 pages are the only ones I completed, but here is the beginning stages of that site in html:  Indiana Sheltie Rescue

Proposed home page

Volunteer page

Adoptable Shelties page